Development and Integration
Our prestigious clients are looking for a proven Software Engineer who will work closely with the Head of the Emerging Technology lab and Tech Lead to understand their requirements and produce innovative solutions. This is a hands-on role, working in an Agile team to take an idea from conception through to a working protoype - demonstrating value to the wider business.
The role requires someone who can research new technologies, learn quickly and apply their knowledge to rapidly create solutions and evaluate solutions.
- Works on the technical implementation of applications and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements.
- Software development using both recognised and/or specialist programming languages and technologies
- Technical planning within the team
- Mentoring junior developers
- Unit Testing of developed applications
- Using automated test tools
- Working collaboratively supporting and learning from team members
- Conduct code reviews for quality assurance
- Support the creation of standardised documentation
- Manage the service components to ensure they meet business needs.
- Support specific activities to improve development processes.
- Design solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threat.
- Competently use a modern standards approach.
- Review specifications and use these agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programs or scripts of medium to high complexity.
- Know a variety of methods of prototyping and can choose the most appropriate ones.
- Fix faults following agreed procedures.
- Design systems characterised by managed levels of risk, manageable business and technical complexity.
- Build and test simple interfaces between systems.
- Prioritise and define approaches to understand the user story.
- Candidates will have experience of working working on multiple, enterprise software delivery projects using the AWS cloud platform or an equivalent cloud service provider.
- Candidates will have experience of producing prototypes and technical documentation.
- Candidates will have knowledge of modern api-based development using 1 or more of the following tech stacks: Node.js with AWS Lambda, Ruby/Rails, Java/Springboot.
- Candidates will be experienced with using cloud native technologies to deliver modern digital services.
- Any mobile development experience using react-native or native development experience on ios or android.
- Previous experience of machine learning or Elasticsearch.
- Prior experience of mentoring junior developers.
- Candidates will be experienced in developing solutions using serverless technologies
Minorities, women, LGBTQ+ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interviews will be held next week, please apply immediately or call Bangura Solutions to discuss this contract role further.