Development and Integration
Exciting new contracted Senior Software Developer role now available. As part of the role you will plan and lead development on sets of related stories. Have an understanding of the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others. Work with other disciplines to understand what needs to be built. Coach and mentor more junior colleagues. Operate the production services they build. Find ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability. Build user-centred, open source, RESTful web systems to serve a variety of citizen and government needs. Be responsible for development of large areas of projects, or small projects in their
entirety. Build automated tests to support our continuous deployment environment. Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team and community, both developers and non-developers. Transform government into a more agile organisation by helping to embed modern development practices. Help build and maintain a diverse, inclusive culture across the development
community, growing awareness, inclusivity, and balance. Occasionally participate in 2nd line support during office hours, and sometimes out of hours (for which you’ll be paid an allowance and further hourly payment when on call). Possibly manage a small number of less experienced developers. Help with hiring, taking part in recruitment of other developers.
Technical stack Basics
- Care for code quality, and robust, easily-maintainable architectural solutions
- Strong affinity for automated testing, ?pair programming? and test driven development practises.
- UNIX environments, bash
- Good use of version control (Git)
- Comfortable with HTML and CSS
- 5+ years of programming experience with at least 2 using NodeJS.
- Practical experience with Restful APIs.
- Experience of solving problems using microservices.
- Fundamental knowledge of creating progressive web applications with frameworks such as React.js, Vue, Angular, etc. (React is preferred)
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Java 8+
- Spring Boot
- JUnit, Spock
Candidates must have BPSS OR DBS clearance
Interviews will be taking place this week. Please apply immediately to be considered for this role or call Bangura Solutions on 0203 854 1400 to discuss further.