Big Data, Analytics, AI & Data Science
£900 to £1,000 Per Day
Long-term contract opportunity is available for a Senior Data Analyst to work within the Data Science team. The team is involved in designing, building, testing, and managing dashboards across multiple platforms, to analyse and drive insights from the anonymised data collected by the organisation's in-house application.
you will be accountable for the effective operation of the Data Analytics team, ensuring it is structured for effective delivery in the long term. You will be accountable for a team of junior and senior data engineers to develop dashboards and reporting solutions and to ensure the architecture underpinning the solution is fit for purpose and scalable. You will hold the team to high standards and monitor the quality of the team’s outputs. clearly understood and mitigated for. You will have a strong understanding of agile delivery, app software development, and microservices.
• Accountable for the delivery of a range of data products developed by the Data and Insights team (dashboards, reports, APIs).
• Responsible for defining the scope of new requirements, helping the development team in translating the Product Owner's requirements into manageable work units.
• Responsible for defining and establishing processes and best practices that empower the team to deliver data products in an agile way.
• Provide analytics thought leadership and guidance to the Data and Insights team regarding analytics methods, infrastructure, and software engineering.
• Refine the JIRA backlog and partake in agile delivery meetings to support the team (Three Amigos, Sprint Planning and Retrospectives, Planning Poker)
Recognised certification or qualification in software development or data analytics
o Previous experience as a Workstream Leads on large or high-profile teams.
o Proven experience of effective stakeholder management and strong influencing skills
o Strong understanding in establishing and continuously improving agile delivery teams
o Demonstrable experience in complex, analytical projects of programs of work – with experience of data analytics tooling and architecture strongly desirable.
• Technical Skills
o Strong Knowledge of BI tools (Power BI, QuickSight)
o Strong Knowledge of Cloud Architectures for Analytics (Azure, AWS)
Strong Knowledge of 'Big Data'-scale Data Pipeline, Data Warehousing, and Database solutions (Proficiency in SQL, AWS Athena, Lambda Functions, AWS Glue, and Azure Synapse)
Interviews will take place this week, so please apply immediately or call Bangura Solitons to discuss this Contract role further.