Development and Integration
Our clients are looking for a proven Senior User Researcher who will lead and participate in two or more of our product teams, working on a variety of products and services. They will be responsible for ensuring our design projects are rooted in a deep understanding of users and their needs. They will have a wider helicopter view products that share commonalities, ensuring that work isn’t duplicated or missed.
You'll be expected to ensure quality, innovation and creativity in how we approach all aspects of user research and how we then play those back to our stakeholders. As an experienced practitioner, you'll also identify and bring inspiration and best practices from the user research community to shape and improve how we work. You’ll be comfortable working with stakeholders and representing our user-centered design and research principles.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and build strong relationships with stakeholders across large-scale and high-profile projects, influencing and collaborating with them to improve our user focus and their understanding of user centered design.
- Be the visible champion of user-centered research and design for our product and service teams
- Design qualitative research methodologies to maximise insight in fast paced, agile environments
- Manage relationships between your team and others to ensure consistency and share good practice.
- Contribute to guidance for government, including research and design principles and patterns..
- Work closely with product and service teams to map out user needs, translate them into user stories and use a double diamond approach to iterations.
- Engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users.
- Interpret evidence-based research and incorporate this into your work
- Synthesise research findings rapidly using appropriate tools and techniques into user needs, expressed as user stories
- Mentor more junior colleagues
Who you are
We’re interested in people with skills in:
- Conducting pandemic safe research that is accessible
- In-depth interviews, workshop facilitation, ethnography research techniques
- Trauma-informed practice
- Ethical and best practice research, and the ability to explain this to stakeholders and other team members
- Inclusive research
- Making complex language and processes easy to understand (how things work now, what are the issues, what works well already etc)
- Giving direction on which tools or methods to use and experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels, offering insight and expertise in how user needs change over time
- Researching vulnerable and niche audiences such as those in financial hardship, with health concerns, young people, elderly or the disabled
- Research moderation skills and questioning techniques
- Developing qualitative research discussion guides for different objectives and research questions
- Providing feedback to and mentoring others to make sure they’re delivering quality work
- Significant experience of user research within a government or health setting, understanding and application of GDS approach
- Strong knowledge of best practices in user research and user-centered research, and the ability to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely outputs.
- Ability to adapt to different audiences.
- Participation in research practice development, training and mentorship
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders and contribute to improving these relationships, using evidence to explain decisions made.
- Ability to define strategies and policies, providing guidance to others on working in the strategic context.
- Good time management and the ability to work autonomously.
- Adept at providing simple, clear and audience appropriate research and synthesis
- Ability to get to the heart of an issue, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
- Experience of high profile programmes of work, with levels of complexity
Interviews will be held next week, please apply immediately or call Bangura Solutions to discuss this contract role further.