Strategy & Architecture
10 month initial contract
You will be responsible for defining and realising the architecture required to deliver the project objectives. This will include the creation, maintenance and communication of architectural artefacts that clearly articulate a variety of architectural perspectives are key deliverables. This will be done collaboratively, both with development and delivery teams, and with other architects who will be working on interdependent initiatives.
You will be a natural problem solver, a collaborator who relishes the opportunity to apply technology to the delivery of business-focused solutions. You will ideally have a strong background in the application of GIS technologies at an enterprise level, and in the delivery of customer-facing public cloud-based solutions and architectures. You will also be somebody who is unafraid to learn and apply new technologies to business situations, but also somebody who is able to take a long-term view, see the bigger picture, and able to balance risk and opportunity. So, whether you're building strong relationships with stakeholders, or making sure that solutions are aligned to aligned to business need and technical direction, you'll be working to deliver real and demonstrable value to the business.
- Experience in the definition and implementation of Solution Architectures
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of delivering digital services using public cloud platforms
- Proven track record of providing technical leadership to, and collaborating with development teams in an agile environment
- Collaborating with and influencing key business and technical stakeholders
- Very good knowledge of industry best practices for architecture, software development processes and lifecycles
- Experience of defining and delivering enterprise-level GIS and Data Management solutions would also be advantageous
- Experience of Azure based deployments, using IaaS and PaaS components are essential