Development and Integration
12 month initial contract role
Proven lead QA Engineer required to provide technical leadership, mentorship and delivery capability to an innovative transformation programme.
You will lead on building assurance capability. Work as part of a small team of QA specialists ensuring test plans are understood, integrated, delivered and automated where possible. Coordinate and manage test schedules. Build and maintain testing artefacts, looking ahead for future opportunities or blockers. Identify operational improvements and work to ensure a stable service that can be enhanced. Anticipate and mitigate against project challenges or risks. Coach team members
Technology knowledge required
Good experience of four or more of:
- Best Practice test approaches o Test Automation in CI/CD pipelineso Selenium/WebDriver test automation o Load testing toolingo Performance testing tooling o BDD test tooling (Gherkin/Cucumber)Making and guiding decisionso
- Capable of making and guiding effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached.
- Able to make decisions characterised by managed levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase.
- Take ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirementsBridging the gap between the technical and non-technical.
- Translate technical concepts between infrastructure, delivery management and service management so they are understood by all.
- Able to speak on behalf of technical and service management teams and facilitate the relationships with indirect stakeholders.
- Able to share knowledge and mentor (potentially non-technical) colleagues
- Understands technical governance and is able to participate in or deliver the assurance of a service
- Understands government requirements of governance, auditability and accountability
- Technology knowledge - good experience of one or more ofo Infrastructure testing tooling o JMeter o Gatling o Load Testing o Performance Testingo Automating OAT (for Web applications and RESTful APIs) o Automating Acceptance Testing (for Web applications) o Automating Regression Testing (for Web applications)
Security clearance SC level clearance is required for this position.