Strategy & Architecture
6 month initial contract
Lead Enterprise Data Architect accountable for architectural design and documentation within the data services layer of multi-tiered architectural platforms required for our client in Glasgow.
The role will involve defining and implementing the procedures and processes by which SLC’s Data Architecture is maintained and how this is integrated into the wider enterprise architecture in order to assure the quality, design and integrity of the systems held within the SLC estate as its design is created or changed. Develop and enforce design principles, strategies, policies, standards and practices whilst ensuring that appropriate standards (corporate, government, industry, national and international) are adhered to. Encourage and drive a culture of technical excellence, co-operation, and collaboration across all stakeholders by providing a high level of advice and leadership in relation to solution and data architecture and solution designs
You will also lead technical forums and design clinics, working collaboratively to optimise your own and other’s designs. Lead the development/review of Technical Architectural goals, principles, practices, and standards.
Suited candidates must have strong specialist experience in a wide range of the following areas:
- Information modelling, information visualization, data analytics, data warehousing, metadata, semantics and ontologies within a complex enterprise
- Data layer, design and architecture of complex IT solutions
- Logical and Physical data models with hands-on experience with data and process modelling tools
- RDBMS technologies and SQL development
- Modern data management concepts including Big Data stack, NoSQL, in-memory DBMS and data caching
- Some familiarity and experience in data protection and information security.
- Large scale systems and information and technology architectures; including application integration patterns, messaging, service-oriented architecture, information models, and data lineage.
- Familiarity with key architectural concepts and trends - e.g. Microservice, Data Warehousing, Digital, Big Data, Omni-Channel.
- Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Domain Architecture, Data/Information Architecture
- Strong understanding of large scale system, information and technology architectures, including application integration patterns, messaging, service-oriented architecture and information models.
- Experience of working in a multi-vendor environment and of integrating disparate technologies
- A track record in design and architecture of complex IT solutions having worked closely with Business, Solution, Security and Infrastructure Architects to ensure that the application architectures of the solutions is aligned to the overall technology roadmap and meets the business needs.
- ?Experience in leading a team of professional level staff.
The ideal candidates will have recently completed a similar long term Lead Enterprise Data Architect role for another large reputable organisation.