Change & Digital Transformation
Our prestigious clients are looking for a Digital User Researcher, to support the agency with the delivery of an ambitious digital roadmap and contribute to the building of a new User Centred Design (UCD) practice at the Agency. It’s the first time the agency is building a practice around UCD – so there will be the opportunity to design and influence the user research approaches and standards we adopt and shape the future of design research as a discipline at the agency.
The post holder will plan, design and carry out research activities to help the agency get a deep understanding of the people that use our services. This includes patients, the public, industry, academia and our partners, as well agency colleagues and staff who use our internal services.
The user researcher post holder will work with multi-disciplinary teams of professionals including business analysts, service designers, product managers, delivery managers and developers; to deliver the technology roadmap required to enable this transformation. It’s an exciting time to be working in the agency’s Digital & Technology division potential upcoming projects include delivering a new digital self-service platform that will improve the service patients and our customers receive and enhancing the clinical trials system to support innovation.
The user researcher will support teams with the development of digital services throughout all stages of their lifecycle including exploratory research during early discovery work and conducting useability testing of prototypes and on established digital services. You will need to help the agency adopt a wide range of analysis and synthesis techniques, to generate clear and actionable findings.
You will report directly to the Head of User Centred Design within the Technology, Digital, Data and Delivery Division. This team provides a number of services through its practice-based model including Service Design and Business Analysis.
- Leading and conducting user research for complex and high profile projects, programmes and/or portfolios of work
- Planning, designing and preparing a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of complex government services. You have experience of, and can help teams adopt, a wide range of user research methods. You can advise colleagues on the choice and application of research methods to assure best practice.
- Carrying out a wide range of user research activities from recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides and moderating research sessions.
- Helping teams understand the diversity of users of government services. You know how to include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities. You can advocate for inclusive practices and help teams design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
- Leading colleagues to analyse research data and synthesise clear and actionable findings, including working closely with data teams to create a rich picture of user behaviour. You can advise on choice and application of techniques, and can critique colleagues’ findings to assure best practice.
- Communicating user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of users and their needs. You know how to engage sceptical colleagues in analysis and synthesis.
- Working closely with product managers, designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Assessing services to ensure they meet the Service Standard (GDS and DDaT functional standards).
Minorities, women, LGBTQ+ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interviews will be held next week, please apply immediately or call Bangura Solutions to discuss this contract role further.