Big Data, Analytics, AI & Data Science
Our prestigious clients are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be required to be a skilled Practitioner and a role model in software craftsmanship. Responsible for ensuring best practices are adhered to across the department and guiding teams on how to deliver quality software products.
You will assist in the design of software products that make up citizen services in collaboration with Architecture and Engineering principles. With a focus on operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality you will be accountable for the code your teams produce.
- Design and lead the strategies for building reusable libraries and services;
- Own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines and the Software Engineering Community;
- Identify and support the resolution of infrastructure faults;
- Provide 3rd line support on products developed, including out of hours support as and when required;
- Lead multiple Software Engineering teams providing technical leadership and guidance. Including coaching and mentoring your team and their professional development;
- Contribute and set strategic direction for product team and the wider Software Engineering community;
- Lead the collaboration & sharing of knowledge and good practice with the wider software engineering community;
- Lead and support community discussions about best practice within Software Engineering.
- Collaborates with others when necessary to review specifications and uses these agreed standards and tools to design, code, test, correct and document programmes or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools.
- Understands the difference between user needs and desires of the user. Has experience in meeting user needs across a variety of channels. Able to integrate digital analytics with qualitative data, such as user surveys and user research, to develop hypotheses for testing. Can offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to be used. Able to collaborate with user researchers and can sell/represent users internally. Understands the difference between user needs and desires of the user. Able to champion user research to focus on all users. Can prioritise and defines approaches to understand the user story, guiding others in doing so.
- Defines and designs the integration build. Able to co-ordinate build activities and understands how to undertake and support integration testing activities. (Level 3)
- Sees the bigger picture by taking groups of services, investigating how to get the best of underlying services.
- Uses a modern standards approach competently and guides others in so doing.
- Designs systems characterised by medium levels of risk, impact and business or technical complexity. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures they are applied effectively. Reviews the systems designs of others to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of economic, social, political, environmental and technological developments to ensure activity is relevant. Ensure plans and activities in your area of work reflect wider strategic priorities and communicate effectively with senior leaders to influence future strategies. Adopt a government-wide perspective to ensure alignment of activity and policy. Bring together views, perspectives and diverse needs of stakeholders to gain a broader understanding of the issues surrounding policies and activities.
- Demonstrate positive customer service by understanding the complexity and diversity of customer needs and expectations. Deliver a high quality, efficient and cost effective service by considering a broad range of methods for delivery. Ensure full consideration of new technologies, accessibility and costings. Make clear, practical and manageable plans for service delivery.
- Ensure adherence to legal, regulatory and security requirements in service delivery. Proactively manage risks and identify solutions. Establish how the business area compares to industry best practice. Create regular opportunities for colleagues, stakeholders, delivery partners and customers to help improve the quality of service.
- Encourage, recognise and share innovative ideas from a diverse range of colleagues and stakeholders. Give people space to take initiative and praise them for their creativity. Create an environment where people feel safe to challenge and know their voice will be heard. Make changes which add value and clearly articulate how changes will benefit the business. Understand and identify the role of technology in public service delivery and policy implementation. Consider the full impact of implementing changes on culture, structure, morale and the impacts on the diverse range of end users, including accessibility needs. Identify early signs that things are going wrong and respond promptly. Provide constructive challenge to senior management on change proposals.
Security Clearance: BPSS
Interviews will be held next week, please apply immediately or call Bangura Solutions on 0203 854 1400 to discuss this role further.