Big Data, Analytics, AI & Data Science
One of our prestigious clients is looking for a Data Scientist with an interest in innovative Research & Development (R&D) to join them on a contract basis.
Successful applicants will conduct work to develop, test and experiment with novel technologies and methods in one or more of the following areas:
- Social media and web analytics.
- Social and psychological research methods, particularly the use of the internet and mobile technology to further such methods.
- Dis/Mis/Mal-Information monitoring and analysis.
- Controlled collection, management and exploitation of large digital datasets.
- Social Technologies.
- Media Forensics.
- Deepfakes and Synthetic Data Generation.
They are researching a number of technical challenges including (but not limited to):
- Natural Language Processing.
- Text- and image-based entity identification, extraction and resolution.
- Probabilistic representations (including trend analysis and anomaly detection).
- Building models and algorithms with sparse data sets.
- Association/Correlation analysis.
- Data Collection, fusion and visualisation.
- Predictive analytics.
Essential - This is a must have:
- Experience in deploying (e.g. using Docker, Ansible) and evaluating relevant supervised and unsupervised machine learning approaches.
- Experience working with data at scale, including social media.
- Proficiency in using open-source programming and scripting languages such as Python, R and / or Java, particularly with machine learning and data science toolkits and libraries (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Stanford NLP).
- Mid-level programming; you do not have to be able to write highly scalable production code but you do need to be able to build prototypes and be able to understand the existing code base.
- Experience of building queries using existing relational databases and / or Knowledge Graphs.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including communicating with non-technical stakeholders and working within a multidisciplinary team.
- SC Clearance.
Interviews will be held next week, please apply immediately or call Bangura Solutions on 0203 854 1400 to discuss this role further.