Big Data, Analytics, AI & Data Science
Amazing new 2 years contracted role for a proven Data Science support required to be a motivated and driven individual to provide expertise and advice in the fundamentals of Data science to help enable the development of a sufficiently skilled work force. You will need to develop and implement a plan to support the skills development of data analytics and cyber analytics in the project team. Contribute to the development of analytics tools in sprints focussed on Military data communications. Provide advice to the experimentation lead on the data architecture required to collect and analyse data during analytic sprints. Build and maintain suitable analytics virtual machines or deployable servers for the project team to use in analytics sprints and MoD Exercises.
To achieve these key tasks you will also need to:
- Develop RMADS where appropriate and gain approval from network accreditors,
- Work with safety and security constraints,
- Procure equipment through approved channels,
- Co-ordinate with the project team to deliver analytics sprints.
- Technical validation of analytics demonstrators.
- Maintenance of technical assets registers of project software.
- Support and assurance of industry supplied research.
• Experience in training or mentoring staff in the principles of data science
• Knowledge or Experience of coding in (one or more): Python, C, Matlab, IDL
• Knowledge and experience of applying analytical and scientific process to data problems
• Knowledge of network architecture fundamentals (OSI layers, knowledge of routers & switches, network structures (linear/ring), IP versions (IP4, IP6), domain name system services).
• Experience/Knowledge of network software protocols (TCP/UDP ports, packet structures)
• Experience with building cloud/virtual computing platforms (OpenStack)
• Experience in analysing cyber data formats with different detail levels (full packet capture, Netflow)
• Experience of applying and using data from network security monitoring tools (Wireshark, Bro/Zeek, Snort)
• Experience/knowledge of malicious host/network techniques and Techniques, Tools and Procedures to undertake malicious activity
• Experience/knowledge of defensive host/network techniques and Techniques, Tools and Procedures to apply defensive activity
• Experience of Military communication systems RF communications
• Data science of RF data for anomaly detection
• Visualisation of data, development of analytics, packaging and deploying software
• Experience in host log systems on Windows and Linux (Sysmon, logcheck, and central log collection)
• Experience in network sensor placement
• Experience with host/network intrusion detection systems (Snort, OSSEC)
Suitable candidates must have SC Clearance
Interviews will be taking place this week, so please apply immediately to be considered for this role or call Bangura Solutions on 0203 854 1400 to discuss further.