Big Data, Analytics, AI & Data Science, Development and Integration
Our prestigious clients are currently looking for a proven Data Engineer required to be responsible for developing accurate, efficient data solutions which meet customer needs to agreed timescales, and ensuring the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you design and build, and are in a position to effect changes to those products where necessary.
As a Data Engineer you support continuous improvement of standards and provide leadership to develop Associate Data Engineers, providing technical guidance alongside other data engineering functions for customers. Performing analysis to produce logical Data Models. Gather and review data to produce system data models. Distributing data and resolving issues raised. Modelling and analysing data. Responding to requests for analysis. Develop processes for maintaining data across internal and external sources.
Role and key Responsibilities
- Translate business requirements to ensure they are clear and robust, and can be transformed into reusable production ready code and / or effective data models;
- Define version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of products;
- Support Quality Assurance colleagues and Data Managers responsible for the day to day testing and live running of data products and services;
- Shape solutions in a fit for purpose way; following the agreed principles and contribute to the overall Data Engineer Development lifecycle;
- Perform data profiling and quality measurements;
- Designing and developing reusable metadata libraries;
- Owning the stability of new products designed, including the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of these products;
- Identifying, managing and resolving issues preventing the delivery or continuous development of products;
- Supporting the growth of the team, by keeping abreast of market and industry trends, and sharing knowledge and experience with the rest of the team.
Essential Technical Skills:
This should also include the Levels of skills you require
- Understands core technical concepts related to their role and is able to apply them. (Level 2)
- Understands the appropriate media to communicate findings. Shapes and shares communications cognisant of the audience. Able to give tactical recommendations. (Level 2)
- Able to identify simple patterns and trends. Investigates problems and opportunities in existing processes and contributes to recommending solutions to these. Works with stakeholders to identify objectives and potential benefits available. (Level 2)
- Designs, develops. codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs or scripts under the direction of others. (Level 2)
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge in the following software -
- AIX Unix, Inges DB, SQL scripting and querying knowledge. Also MS Access and knowledge of VBA
- Ideal extras would be Data Services, Business Objects, Qlik Sense and Informatica.
Interviews will take place this week, so apply immediately or call Bangura Solutions on 02038541400 to discuss this contract role further