Big Data, Analytics, AI & Data Science
South East England
Amazing new 4 month contracted role for a proven Data Engineer required to meet all the deadlines and to undertake specialist projects, primarily the delivery of new AIS Base Stations around the UK coastline. Other project related tasks will include configuration, change requests, system testing, problem analysis, performance and availability management and system recovery for a range of mission critical infrastructure and systems.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Must have experience of routing and processing of Automatic Identification Systems (AIS) messages.
- Must have current active SC Clearance or could achieve this quickly.
- Flexibility to travel to any one of our national locations if required.
- Active Directory and Windows Server administration using 2008, 2012 and 2016 server operating systems, including DNS, DHCP and Group Policy.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN configuration and protocols including IP Subnetting, vlans, Spanning Tree, GRE, IKE/IPSEC, VoIP and multicast
- Ability to exchange information with peers, stakeholders and service providers to explain complex issues in day to day language for non-technical staff.
- Ability to analyse service requests, incidents and problems, explore options and suggest courses of action.
- Ability to diagnose incidents and problems passed to us by 3rd Party Triage Team, recording and managing these events within the Incident Management System
- Administration and support of Windows 7 and Windows10 desktops.
- First and Second-line hardware fault diagnosis (cabling, switches, routers and firewalls – predominantly Cisco based, but some Juniper included).
- Knowledge of enterprise management tools such as Cisco Security Manager, Cisco Wireless LAN Controller, Cisco Prime Infrastructure and VMWare vSphere and SCCM packaging.
- Experience of working and providing technical support in an Emergency Services or Critical Infrastructure Environment.
- Windows server administration using VMWare / vSphere.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes to at least version 3.
- Knowledge of PKI infrastructure within a Windows environment.
Interviews will be taking place this week, so please apply immediately to be considered for this role or call Bangura Solutions on 0203 854 1400 to discuss further.